Steam (Windows, macOS, Linux) Windows iTunes App Store

RFC: Long-press to paste

di English di Forum

Pos 1–9 dari 9

OP

oleh

Firefly

1 tahun lalu

I need feedback: should I remove long-press to paste on touchscreen devices? The idea was that players could actually paste text and translations into the Angeldust input fields. But the problem is that long-press is pretty much undiscoverable on its own and leads to accidental pastes if players don't expect it. Right now I'm not sure if the feature does more good than it causes more harm. Any replies in favor or against the feature here are welcome so I can draft a way forward.

# 2

oleh

baymler

1 tahun lalu

Yes, it's not convenient. But what worries me more is that if you wrote something wrong (300% of the time), you unconsciously tap at the place in the word where the mistake is, and instead of moving the input line there, the chat just sends your fail to everyone. X_X

# 3

oleh

JeremyDarkling

1 tahun lalu

I think it's pretty helpful function. the player needs time to get used to the changes. I use this handy tool to translate phrases for NPCs, especially if they are quite long.

# 4

oleh

obi-

1 tahun lalu

just add a button on the top right? https://imgur.com/a/P2nz3Zv enjoy my masterful art

# 5

oleh

fatih+

1 tahun lalu

I almost dox myself, most of the time bc of this I think a paste button like the one Obi suggested is better

# 6

oleh

Firefly

1 tahun lalu

Overall my sentiment is that I need to remove long-press to paste in its current form. It could come back in a different shape later, but right now it seems to cause more havoc than it does good. For pasting NPC translations and phrases I think the holo scroll editor on the website can work. You'd add a placeholder in the game, then update its contents via the website. I know it's not perfect, but unintentionally doxing oneself is a big problem right now.

# 7

oleh

Firefly

11 bulan lalu

One last call: I will remove 'long-press to paste' in the next Android/iOS update unless someone can convince me it is essential. I will work on a better implementation in the future, but I believe it's best to remove the current train wreck.

# 8

oleh

ShinjouChYT

11 bulan lalu

Aighty!

# 9

oleh

SodaMeow

11 bulan lalu

I really like the 'long-press to paste' but I can live without it until a new version is available. It's not a train wreck at all! I love it!

Pos 1–9 dari 9