RFC: NPC auto-spawn

in English in Forum

Post 71–80 di 118

Prec. « 1 2 36 7 8 9 10 11 12 » Succ.

# 71

di

Firefly

3 anni fa

What? NPCs don't spawn in the upper half? That seems like a very arbitrary thing. I'll have to check. Leyenda reported something similar I think. With the sitting I'll figure something out. I'll do the functionality, you make it work :P And another thing: in the next client update I will hide the floating holo (scroll) symbols if something blocks its top side. That way you can have NPC functionality on thin blocks without symbols sticking through.

# 72

di

Firefly

3 anni fa

I dug around… There's indeed a huge (pre-NPC) problem with basically every block placed in the top half of a claim that stores custom data. So far we didn't notice since it only occurs when blocks overlap exactly within the vertical halves of a claim, and even then the game works around it pretty well. This needs to be fixed ASAP, but I don't have time to do it today. I'll get on it tomorrow. We've lived with the problem for years (I think) so one more day to work it out should be doable. Current advice: expect persistent NPCs in the top half of claims to work soon. I'll do my best to fix everything. I'll also try to roll out the sit-chatting update bundled with this fix.

# 73

di

Leyenda

3 anni fa

One thing I also saw is that apparently the npc do not appear in (high) zones automatically, and since they have a lot of space to appear and I removed the npc injectors then I think it must be something else

# 74

di

Leyenda

3 anni fa

An idea that occurs to me so that they can talk and sit without using the photon blocks, you could not add a symbol to indicate where they have to go in hollo roll or in the npc something like that or also my other idea would be to place a new chair block just to indicate where you have to sit and talk?

# 75

di

Leyenda

3 anni fa

I think the idea of ​​a new block of a chair that can be placed like the hollo roll and be like an indicator to sit is not bad and good to change the color an idea to place a holo painter under the chair although the npc will also change colored to me less than the chair tb can change color like the npc

# 76

di

Firefly

3 anni fa

@Leyenda, all: I'm now going to fix the high-spawning NPCs. This will involve a ton of structural work, a server update and some downtime to attempt data recovery. I've woken up early to be able to fix it all before the livestream (famous last words). So everyone: expect a short bit of downtime today while I roll out an update. It'll also introduce the NPC chat-while-sitting feature.

# 77

di

Leyenda

3 anni fa

Luckily firefly solves everything😁

# 78

di

Firefly

3 anni fa

The bug is fixed—an update will roll out soon. I'm now doing the data recovery part. There might be a bit of slowness on the server in the upcoming hours while I try to get everything right.

# 79

di

obi-

3 anni fa

Imagine the whole world just goes up in flames and ends up like this: https://imgur.com/a/UD3efr9

# 80

di

Firefly

3 anni fa

I'm doing my best to avoid such a scenario, but thanks for the encouragement :P

Post 71–80 di 118

Prec. « 1 2 36 7 8 9 10 11 12 » Succ.