Steam (Windows, macOS, Linux) Windows iTunes App Store

Photon Block Change

in English in Forums

Bericht 1–5 van 5

OP

door

ColtsWalker

4 jaren geleden

In the current version (3.8) the photon block radiates light when solid and when transparent. I have come to utilize this always radiating light behavior and now you are changing it. There are occasions where I have needed more light in a hollow block that I can still pass though. The change will negatively impact some of my builds. Although you said it was a glitch introduced in the last release, it became a useful feature I used to solve some of my lighting problems. I still don't like that often we have to place lights on the floor, where they get walked on, to generate a well lit area. The lighting model needs work. Solution: Introduce a new sticker that radiates light but is invisible so that there is no ulgy light block or sticker on the floor. I want a way to illuminate floor space better without having to place lights on the floor, which seems silly as no one would do that in an actual build.

# 2

door

ColtsWalker

4 jaren geleden

Disregard my complaint on the photon block. I don't really care that much, however, please do consider some kind of light emitting block that we can use to illuminate floor space without having a visible light. This is something Obi and I have discussed in the past. My solution is a special sticker that emits light but is not otherwise visible.

# 3

door

Firefly

4 jaren geleden

I understand we run into KJ2 here, but the photon blocks are close to my heart for special and semi-secret reasons. I'm sorry that I'm pushing through the old, intended behavior of empty photon blocks not giving off light. Somehow I always felt things were off in Angeldust v3.8, but couldn't place my finger on it. Then obi- pointed me to the light on/off thing on Monday. I immediately pulled all my Angeldust v3.9 binaries from review to fix this bug, undoing many hours of packaging work. It's that important to me.

# 4

door

Raknan-NS

4 jaren geleden

Hello

# 5

door

Firefly

4 jaren geleden

Hi Raknan!

Bericht 1–5 van 5