RFC: NPC auto-spawn

in English in Forums

Post 61–70 of 118

Previous « 1 2 35 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » Next

# 61

by

Firefly

3 years ago

(See post 57 for all info.) After seeing what the NPCs look like now, I think it's a safe bet to say we want to go with the new system. Treat the updated behavior as permanent and start building accordingly. It's just lovely to have persistent NPCs with all new features. @Leyenda, others: One transitional issue is that NPCs spawn differently compared to when using a button. You'll need to make sure they have room to spawn upwards and centered on the photon imitator. This probably means you need to remove existing photon injectors (star buttons) next to them. Also: if you want me to change an existing NPC from persistent to non-persistent, let me know soon. Send me the coordinates and names. I'll do a single pass to update them. If you can manually replace them, that's cool too.

# 62

by

obi-

3 years ago

The update works perfectly, played around with [] and |, the NPCs just keep getting better and better :) Also made my ravens at the streaming city persistent using your suggestion. Shame NPCs sitting on chairs can't have interaction scrolls tho, without the scroll being clearly visible I mean. Other than that, great update, like it a lot!

# 63

by

Firefly

3 years ago

The trick that @obi- mentions is to have a persistent NPC trigger an underground photon injector that in turn spawns a creature. Because the NPC is persistent, the photon injector action will always take place and you can simulate persistent creatures this way, too. Chatting while sitting seems like an obvious extension. The most intuitive solution would be to have the NPC read holo scrolls under the ground below the chair. This puts the holo scroll at the same height as other control blocks. The only limitation will be that the NPC doesn't chat when starting to sit, only while sitting and with a player nearby. They also won't rotate while sitting, as it looks weird. In all: good plan?

# 64

by

Leyenda

3 years ago

If it is a good plan also that they can talk while they are seated I like the idea😊

# 65

by

Leyenda

3 years ago

An idea, although it is not very good that the npc could dance while sitting or singing it would be funny

# 66

by

Firefly

3 years ago

@Leyenda: I'll make sure they only chat while sitting :P

# 67

by

obi-

3 years ago

> The most intuitive solution would be to have the NPC read holo scrolls under the ground below the chair. This puts the holo scroll at the same height as other control blocks. Yup, sounds about right. Turns out you can't have an NPC interact at all while sitting atm, even sitting on the ground, well the beggar at Nefer'spi didn't want to say anything at least.

# 68

by

Firefly

3 years ago

I'm running into a different problem with the chair scenario: how do you get the NPC to sit on a chair forever without using an empty, below ground photon block to get it there? Like, the system works if you get the NPC to sit on the chair and replace the empty photon block with a holo scroll. But I can't have both an empty photon block and a holo scroll in the same place. I need help playing my game!

# 69

by

obi-

3 years ago

Turns out the persistent ravens I set up aren't working - the NPCs aren't auto spawning. I think it might have to do something with the fact the NPCs are in the upper half of the claims. I've done some testing and I think it really is the cause.

# 70

by

obi-

3 years ago

Just place the marker one block after the chair?

Post 61–70 of 118

Previous « 1 2 35 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » Next