Translating Angeldust!

in English in Forums

Bericht 1–10 van 14

1 2 » Volgende

OP

door

warangel

5 jaren geleden

hello everyone i want something from mods of this game. i just think about this too much and i want to translate game into turkish language. i m a turkish player and i think when a turkish player starts playing this game and he/she didnt know english langueage. its will be hard for player soo i was translated 1 more game into turkish i can make use wrong words in this topic but really i m good at translate so i just want to help game cause its in early acces in steam and i m playing this game in steam so who can i talk about this i wanna try talk with firefly at the game but he is offline right now. i just want to help :)

# 2

door

Firefly

5 jaren geleden

I'm planning on open-sourcing the translations, so new languages and tweaks of existing ones will be easier to do for everyone. Stay tuned!

# 3

door

warangel

5 jaren geleden

so if you need a turkish language translater dont forgot me :D

# 4

door

Noddrog

5 jaren geleden

Reminds me of... myself

# 5

door

Firefly

5 jaren geleden

What would be the best way to do this? I've got a few ideas: 1.) creating a GitHub repository so you create pull requests there using an existing GitHub account 2.) sending plain files by e-mail 3.) hosting my own source code repository where you need to create an account and fork/pull request 4.) making a public Wiki of sorts where everyone can make instant edits 5.) use something like CrowdIn, or an alternative Translating Angeldust into a (new) language is a huge task, so two or three people per language is a bare minimum I think.

# 6

door

Alexi M

5 jaren geleden

I think the most optimal and simple to perform is 1 and 2 options. Do not all go so far, until the creation of Wikipedia page.

# 7

door

Alexi M

5 jaren geleden

oh, I wanted to say 2 and 3 options, but the first is also a good enough option

# 8

door

Hummm

5 jaren geleden

1 and 3 seem to me to be the ones w/ the most transparency without the problems that 4 would bring (random graffiti w/ intent to pollute)

# 9

door

Firefly

5 jaren geleden

So far I've noticed community interest for translating the game to Turkish and Polish. And a group of Russian players want to improve the Russian translation. Can everyone interested in translating chime in here and let me know which language you want to work on and if you've already got a GitHub account (no need to create one just yet)? (I also updated the topic to be more in line with my usual topic titles.)

# 10

door

Moniq

5 jaren geleden

Would it be hard to use gettext? There is several libre tools that you can use to translate (like Poedit) and also can be done in text editor. There might also be some web-based tools supporting localization with gettext, but I didnt check. Also, it would be good, for the start, to have a forum where translators can discuss terms, rules and so, separated from this forum. By me it is not important which languages users want now. Once you made a way to, everyone can contribute in any time. I can help with some translations, probably. I do not have GitHub account and not willing to have it.

Bericht 1–10 van 14

1 2 » Volgende