Angeldust v2.18

in English in Forums

Post 11–20 of 24

Previous « 1 2 3 » Next

# 11

by

Firefly

6 years ago

Just a quick note: last stream I tried to place a tree stump on my house building plot and I couldn't get it to work, but it turns out that I was just standing too close to the block I wanted to place it one. Crisis averted :)!

# 12

by

Yogi72

6 years ago

Construction has become faulty. I built a flying island. scattered blocks appeared in the 32 x32 area. Have you ever experienced any of this? or is it just me? sorry for the google translation.

# 13

by

Firefly

6 years ago

Yogi, some other players have reported floating blocks too. Did they appear after planting trees in your claim? I'll investigate!

# 14

by

Firefly

6 years ago

Found the bug, rolling out a hotfix right now, give me a few minutes!

# 15

by

Firefly

6 years ago

OK, here's what's up: due to a new bug with the tree planting and removal, you could very rarely mess up the contents of a network packet that the server would send to you. That packet would contain random blocks floating in parts where the tree was to be planted or removed. You'd only see this on your own computer; others were unaffected. I've updated the server code to fix this issue and the new version is running now. To be absolutely sure, I've just scanned and verified EVERY SINGLE BLOCK in the game world. There is not a single random block stored anywhere as far as this scan could tell. So, Yogi72 and Spectrum—can you please check if the random blocks are gone once you sign in and teleport now? Walk up to the problematic area and wait a few seconds for the client to synchronize. Let me know if there are still random blocks floating around.

# 16

by

Firefly

6 years ago

Yogi72, Spectrum and others: please read my post above this one and let me know if you still see the random blocks. Screenshots would be much appreciate if so. I've thought about the issue some more and I'm not sure if my previous analysis explains why you'd see random blocks, but I am pretty sure the bug is fixed. And I'm also pretty sure there are no invalid blocks in the game world, as in: completely random blocks. Every block in the world conforms to specifications, but maybe the random floating blocks are copies from other parts of the world. Again, screenshots appreciated!

# 17

by

Hummm

6 years ago

This isn't really a bug, but I noticed "duplicate" tree names: The "Tall spruce" of Chilled woods is leaf/needleless while the "Tall spruce" of Pinewood is full and lush with needles. Two unique discoveries, one (shared) name.

# 18

by

Firefly

6 years ago

Got confirmation that the bug has been solved for Yogi72. Spectrum, can you confirm as well? @Hummm: I didn't really know how to name and translate those trees. They're basically the same tree, but with a different state of leaves/needles. Ideas are welcome (including all eight translations).

# 19

by

Yogi72

6 years ago

The problem with me was block scattering - it was a reflection. The pictures are: https: //kephost.com/image/B5OU https://kephost.com/image/B5Ox https://kephost.com/image/B5OX I'm sorry to be late. thanks again . everything is alright.

# 20

by

Hummm

6 years ago

RE: dupe name ... it's fine ... I keep meticulous records/data files (most scraped from the website) ... If someone asks (in discord) "Where can I find X" I can usually give them and answer via "grep X areas/*" ... so the dupe name now gives false positives... since this is out-of-game information exchange, I can't expect you to make that change for my purposes.

Post 11–20 of 24

Previous « 1 2 3 » Next