Angeldust v3.6

in English in Forums

Post 1–10 of 15

1 2 » Next

OP

by

Firefly

4 years ago

Angeldust v3.6 is rolling out left and right, it contains two small improvements: girders can now be stacked vertically and you can now choose between the 'far' or 'nearby' building distance in the gameplay options.

# 2

by

Firefly

4 years ago

The upcoming days you can connect and play using both Angeldust v3.5 and v3.6 to check and update to the new girder block aesthetics. When the weekend rolls around, Angeldust v3.6 will be required to play.

# 3

by

MYSTELLENERY

4 years ago

I'm not happy with the girders change. I made pillars with them and now they don't connect anymore.

# 4

by

Rob12

4 years ago

I love the building distance toggle and I also love the changes to the pipes and columns. I toured my whole build and only noticed one light that I needed to change in one building and it only took 5 minutes to do it. I made a list of possible builds that would be affected and 99% stayed the same. So I am pretty happy overall. I can't wait to start building with new techniques using pipes in new ways.

# 5

by

Kamikaze Justice

4 years ago

I have 2 buildings that drastically changed (It had the beautiful grid design), if left the way they are now (with the new "improved" block), would be worthless to me, because of the change to the pipes/columns characteristics. The wood columns don't really stack horizontally on top of each other, since there's still a space in between, so I personally wouldn't use them for a log cabin. I'm sure, there's something I could make with them... maybe.

# 6

by

obi-

4 years ago

@MYSTELLENERY: You can still have the grid design you're lloking for: https://imgur.com/a/sjnxgMb It may take some time to go back and change it all accordingly, but I think the new designs you get in return are very much worth it. The new girder behaviour works amazingly, I also love that the option for building range was added. Awesome update :)

# 7

by

Kamikaze Justice

4 years ago

The "new" design doesn't favor the old grid behavior, which was a snap before, and was faster to build. Now... you get logs that don't really stack on top of each other...

# 8

by

IAS AMIR

4 years ago

I think like a Angeldust flag there should be a Angeldust block. What you guys think about it?

# 9

by

Firefly

4 years ago

Okay, so lessons learned. I spent four hours renovating buildings that Kamikaze Justice designed, because my word is my word. Design-wise they're back where they were before (I'll let KJ be the judge on this) and while doing so I had lots of idle brain time to contemplate life, the universe and everything in between. I won't do another Angeldust v3.x release unless there are game-breaking bugs. I'm glad I got the menu option for 'far' and 'nearby' building distance working, but given all your feedback I'm convinced we're at 'peak building in Angeldust' currently. I know of a small visual glitch, but that doesn't warrant more aggravation. There will potentially be an in-between update adding a new game mechanic, but it won't affect anything building-wise. And if I can get my new graphics engine running smoothly there will be an Angeldust v4.0 release with new graphics. But buildings will stay the same. Sorry that "Early Access" really meant that things change, but thanks for sticking along for the ride. MYSTELLENERY: if you built 1x1 poles out of girders the best solution I have is to replace every other block with a column block of a similar design. You lose some horizontal elements, but it's the closest replacement. If the poles are larger you can use the even-odd girder/column distribution that obi posted to get grids/crosses everywhere.

# 10

by

Kamikaze Justice

4 years ago

Pardon me... but if your word is your word, you wouldn't have changed the existing blocks at all, because you said in one of the recent streams, you wouldn't change the existing blocks. I'm finding it hard to accept the block change, because of your word that wasn't kept. I did say,"Thanks"for fixing the buildings... but I'm finding it hard to say,"Thank you" with gratitude, since it was your decision to change the blocks (in spite of my resistance/opinion) that created the errors in the first place. The only reason I haven't demolished the two buildings is the thought that nobody will ever construct a building with the grid design again, because of how cumbersome they'll be to work with (although, I still might demolish them). My two buildings will probably be a very rare find in A.D.. While it took you 4 hours to fix the buildings... it took me less than 4 hours to build the entire second building because of how easy it was to work with the grids, before the change.

Post 1–10 of 15

1 2 » Next